[Edge Network Intelligence] has a lot of value. I see it as an essential operational tool.
Suffolk University is a private academic institution in the heart of downtown Boston. With students from 108 countries and 40,000 unique devices on the school network each month over 1,200 access points, the school’s network is constantly tested. If new hardware or drivers cause a network problem, several tools are needed to discover the cause—but they only show limited information. VMware Edge Network IntelligenceTM (formerly Nyansa Voyance) takes trending information and uses it to get to root causes, and even offers solutions. It provides a clear picture of what’s really going on in the network.
- Traditional network monitoring tools provided only siloed information
- IT used different tools for different kinds of problems, but none gave the university a single, comprehensive network overview
- No way to see trends or predict future problems
- IT can see every client that is connected and every application that is running on the network
- Panoramic network view identifies baselines, trends, and problems, and suggests the best way to solve those problems
- Suffolk University benefits from cloud solution that can learn from one network and share insights from anonymized data across many networks
For more information about VMware SD-WAN, visit sase.vmware.com. Sign up for a free hands-on evaluation of VMware SD-WAN.
About Suffolk University
Headquarters: Boston, MA
Suffolk University Sees the Big Picture with Big Data
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY (PDF)
Explore More Case Studies
At VMware, our customers are the priority. Explore how other companies streamline their WAN infrastructure, realize significant cost-savings, and able to deploy in a matter of minutes.