Client provides healthcare professionals and patients medical imaging services through a team of radiologists, technologists, IT and research specialists, educators, and support staff. Client operates 25 freestanding imaging centers in seven states, and provides teleradiology services to hundreds of physicians and medical centers across the United States.
The continuum of care and increasing focus on the customer experience demands that healthcare providers collaborate to support patients that see different specialists for different conditions. Ultimately, individual patient data must be accessible by every provider that supports that patient to facilitate positive health outcome.
Client plays a critical role in this ecosystem. Its radiologists and support staff work closely with physicians to provide rapid, expert interpretations of medical imaging examinations. Client requires a secure, flexible network infrastructure that will allow it to send and receive patient data across its 25 imaging centers, and with hundreds of medical centers across the United States.
VMware SD-WAN™ allows client’s branches to securely share patient data with each other, and with external medical providers, through an encrypted network. VMware SD-WAN also supports the necessary bandwidth that increasing amounts of patient data require. This flexibility is critical because the client is not only sending patient data to its customers, it is also receiving patient data to help inform its evaluation of a medical imaging examination.
Implementation and Results
VMware SD-WAN provides this client the infrastructure necessary to join the health care ecosystem through which multiple professionals across the country can collaborate on behalf of a single patient. The solution also supports Network Service Chaining, which allows Internet back-haul for ease of security policy and deployment.
All industries are becoming more reliant on Internet. For healthcare, uptime is mission-critical when dealing with patient welfare. VMware SD-WAN provides the confidence and assurance that these mission- critical applications will be transport-agnostic, and support LTE and failover to seamlessly deliver the most valuable information.
- Healthcare providers must collaborate to support patients that see different specialists for different conditions.
- Client requires a secure, flexible network infrastructure to share patient data across its 25 imaging centers, and with medical centers across the United States.
- VMware SD-WAN allows client’s branches to securely share patient data with all caregivers.
- VMware SD-WAN also supports the necessary bandwidth that increasing amounts of patient data require.
- Client has the infrastructure necessary to allow multiple professionals across the country to collaborate on behalf of a single patient.
- Client has confidence and assurance that applications will seamlessly deliver their most valuable information.
“Software-Defined Wide Area Network for Healthcare Provider”
Customer Case Study (PDF)
Explore More Case Studies
At VMware, our customers are the priority. Explore how other companies streamline their WAN infrastructure, realize significant cost-savings, and able to deploy in a matter of minutes.