- Collaboration with ADVA Optical Networking and Telco Systems simplifies delivery and management of services
- VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud provides RingCentral customers high-voice quality and exceptional user experience
- VMware provides visibility across an entire network from a single platform with integration of analytics capabilities from SevOne and Plixer
BARCELONA, SPAIN / MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2019, FEBRUARY 27, 2019
VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced the expansion of its software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) integrations and shared details of new and expanded collaborations with ADVA Optical Networking, Telco Systems, RingCentral, SevOne and Plixer.
VMware is continuing to grow its technology integrations to align with the digital needs of tomorrow’s highly agile enterprises. To facilitate interoperability between current and future technologies, the scalable framework of VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud enables customers to integrate the preferred security, cloud infrastructure and network management technology. The new and expanded collaborations announced today aim to provide enterprises and service providers with easy deployment of services and applications and improve visibility across their entire networks.
“Customers are abandoning legacy networking infrastructure at a breakneck pace for the flexibility, reliability and security that SD-WAN offers. With its cloud-delivered architecture, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud delivers seamless integration with an extensive ecosystem of technology companies, bridging the gap between the needs of today and the requirements of the future,” said Sanjay Uppal, vice president and general manager, VeloCloud Business Unit, VMware. “The integrations we’ve announced today are with innovators in their respective spaces and together we look forward to enabling our joint customers to accelerate their journey of network transformation.”
Simplifying the Delivery and Management of Virtual Services and Applications
VMware SD-WAN now integrates with ADVA Optical Networking and Telco Systems to deliver universal customer premise equipment (uCPE) solutions that consolidate multiple services with VMware SD-WAN onto a single x86 platform. Customers can also utilize orchestration tools for full lifecycle management of VMware SD-WAN virtual network functions (VNFs) – not only to instantiate services, but also to service chain these functions.
- ADVA is a company founded on innovation and driven to help its customers succeed. Its Edge Cloud technology has been selected and deployed by many of world’s leading service providers as well as large enterprises looking to leverage NFV for internal savings. These open connectivity solutions that enable customers to deliver the cloud and mobile services that are vital to today’s society and for imagining new tomorrows. ADVA is helping to build a truly connected and sustainable future.
- Telco Systems is a provider of networking and virtualization technologies, including carrier Ethernet and NFV solutions. Recently, the company has led the Edge compute revolution and has developed innovative virtualization software and orchestration solutions. Telco Systems’ NFVTime offering is an open uCPE solution that enables running any VNF on any hardware either Intel or Arm. uCPE solution includes uCPE Pure play NFVi-OS and uCPE QuickDeploy MANO solution with the ability to use automated deployment models of low-cost COTS white boxes to run multiple, on-demand services, NFVTime can immediately begin to virtualize the edge, support on-demand services, reduce operational costs and increase potential revenue.
End-user experience is especially critical for unified communications as a service (UcaaS), where low voice latency and high quality are the hallmarks of a successful deployment. VMware has collaborated with RingCentral, the global leader in cloud communication and collaboration solutions, to prioritize traffic at the edge of a branch office with a single click to deliver voice applications in real-time and with the highest possible quality. VMware SD-WAN recognizes RingCentral traffic at the edge of a branch and prioritizes it on a first-packet basis to ensure that voice applications are prioritized within the branch and across all transport links. Currently deployed in nearly 100,000 branches worldwide, RingCentral with VMware SD-WAN achieved a Mean Opinion Score (MOS Score) of almost four even on a single broadband link with significant packet loss. This means the voice quality for users of RingCentral with VMware SD-WAN is almost as high as an in-person conversation.
Commenting on the RingCentral with VMware SD-WAN offering, Curtis Peterson, senior vice president, cloud operations, RingCentral, said, “Many enterprises are deploying SD-WAN as a leading technology to assure highest-levels of quality of service and availability. Our ability to cater to enterprises, CSPs and MSPs with the highest-quality media application delivery makes adoption of RingCentral with VMware SD-WAN a very powerful choice for branch office environments.”
Integrating with Analytics Tools to Provide End-to-End Network Visibility
VMware SD-WAN continues to set the industry benchmarks for scale, security and performance, and new capabilities are driving even further operational simplicity and end-to-end visibility for customers. New platform integrations with industry-leading network analytics tools, provide enterprises with visibility across the entire network through a single pane of glass. In addition, the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator provides rich analytics on applications, quality of links and business policy. VMware can further enhance visibility and enable enterprises to correlate SD-WAN information with network analytics from multiple sources through the following integrations:
- SevOne provides the comprehensive, flexible and scalable network and infrastructure management capabilities that large organizations need to make smooth transitions from physical to virtual networking environments. Its next generation, cloud-based SevOne Data Platform simplifies the extraction, enrichment and analysis of network and machine data from across multi-vendor environments using several pre-built solutions based on the SevOne Data Platform, including offerings specifically designed to solve SD-WAN, SDN, NFV and enterprise Wi-Fi challenges.
- Plixer provides a security and network intelligence platform. The solution enables customers to gain visibility into network traffic, SD-WAN, cloud applications, security events and user behavior. It supports fast and efficient incident response, as well as actionable data to guide customers through the detection of events all the way to root-cause analysis and mitigation.
Visit VMware in the VMware and Dell Technologies Booth Hall 3, Stand 3M11.
- Quotes sheet for companies featured above
- Bookmark the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud blog
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
About Telco Cloud
Communication Service Providers must transition to a virtualized telco cloud spanning network and IT to maximize 5G upside while containing risks. VMware offers the industry’s only comprehensive 5G Telco Cloud platform. The VMware Telco Cloud platform– a single architecture optimized for both 4G and 5G networks – helps communication service providers to become 5G ready faster.
VeloCloud, now part of VMware has been named a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure and placed furthest on Completeness of Vision. VeloCloud, now part of VMware simplifies branch WAN networking by automating deployment and improving performance over private, broadband Internet and LTE links for today’s increasingly distributed enterprises. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud includes: a choice of public, private or hybrid cloud network for enterprise-grade connection to cloud and enterprise applications; branch office enterprise appliances and optional data center appliances; software-defined control and automation; and virtual services delivery. For more information, visit www.velocloud.com and follow the company on Twitter @VeloCloud.
3401 Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304