Businesses need bandwidth to grow. MPLS requires significant lead time to plan, procure, and install – or may not be available at all.
Inefficient Cloud Access
With no direct access to cloud resources from the branch, traffic is backhauled through the enterprise data center with heavy performance penalties.
Complex Deployment & Management
MPLS branch deployments are expensive, complex, and slow, and lack agility for mobile or temporary sites or to scale to multiple sites.
Rigid Security Options
MPLS architecture is challenged by traffic flowing to many changing “off-network” destinations such as cloud-based or SaaS sites, or branch-to-branch traffic.
More About SD-WAN vs MPLS
Leverage Cost-Efficient Bandwidth
With SD-WAN, supplement or replace existing MPLS links with cost-efficient internet connectivity. Deliver a network overlay with multiple links to form a unified pool of bandwidth.
- Provide high-performance connections at internet price points
- Eliminate backhaul penalties of traditional MPLS networks
- Enable rapid branch network scalability without expensive MPLS links and expensive bandwidth
Secure and Optimize Cloud Traffic
Create a scalable, secure, reliable cloud network independent of underlying transport links.
- Optimize traffic to other cloud-based destinations by building software-defined encrypted tunnels when and where needed, dynamically steering traffic, and using cloud-based CPE and gateways
- Use standards-based encryption, such as AES, for secure connectivity over any type of transport
Flexibly Deploy and Centrally Manage the Network
Reduce complexity and easily deploy, scale, and manage the branch network. Expand and automate with new levels of IT efficiency.
- Decrease branch office provisioning time with automated zero-touch deployment
- Enable central WAN management from the cloud with global visibility and remediation control
- Provide automation, outcome-driven policies, and end-to-end analytics for business agility
SD-WAN Becomes the Network
Deliver a better WAN experience with SD-WAN
Redesign your WAN for a Cloud-centric World
It’s time to redesign your WAN to ensure a successful cloud strategy